I never win anything, so when I randomly came across a nomination for a Liebster Award, I was tickled pink. Although truthfully I have no idea what it is, and I am generally pretty confused when it comes to blogging and everything about blogging, it still made my day. Thanks so much to Non-Euclideansofa for nominating me!
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is available from January 1 to December 31, 2018. All nominations are voluntary. If the blogger chooses to accept said nomination, I will list the rules below.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT, WRITE A BLOG ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARD, IN WHICH YOU:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Display the award on your blog, by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or “gadget.” (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your computer, and then upload it to your blog post.)
Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided by the person who nominated you.
Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award, and who have less than 1000 followers. (NOTE: you can always ask the blogger how many followers he or she has, as not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information.)
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published the blog, you have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post, so that they may learn about it.
Here are the 11 questions that were asked of me:
What is a story you would be comfortable telling a stranger over the course of a 3-minute elevator ride in a hotel you have doubts about? I just keep thinking about my friend David who cleared an elevator at a hotel by sneezing and then farting.
Would you ride a horse? Yes, I actually used to own a horse, his name was Bandit.
Would you ride a horse into battle? Never.
Would your previous answer change if you knew “Battle” was the name of a grocery store, and you would not be charged for the damages you and your steed would certainly cause? Probably not, only because I’d more than likely injure myself, the horse, and everyone in our path. I’d enjoy watching someone else do it though.
What is a song that has been stuck in your head that you would be embarrassed to be caught singing under your breath at a coffee shop? It’s getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes.
If you were left alone on a deserted island, what do you think you would use to build a friend to chat with to pass the years until an aircraft carrier rolls over your little island like a steamroller over a bag of grapes? I would just talk to myself, unless I came across a soccer ball.
Do you dip something in your coffee or tea? No, but I have been known to add Bailey’s to my coffee.
If you were given unlimited funds for 12 minutes, what would you do? I would use every computer in the house to do some serious on-line shopping. But first I would want to know if it were possible to order a house, and a car on-line. And I would definitely be booking some elaborate trips.
What book have you been meaning to read? Interesting that you should ask that question, because I’ve always wanted to read a book that a friend from high school wrote, and I happened to see her last weekend at a book signing event, and so I bought her book, and I just started reading it. It is called “Points of Who” and it’s written by Suzanne Walsh.
What is something weird or arbitrary that just gets to you; do you have a weird pet peeve? I have lots of pet peeves, and the list is growing daily. But one thing that drives me mad is when people take up a whole shopping aisle by either bringing their whole family shopping with them, and walking side by side down the aisle, or by parking their cart on one side and shopping on the other.
If you became a ghost when you die, where do you think you’d haunt. I guess I’d want to haunt my husband and my son, just to keep them in check.
So here are 11 random facts about myself.
- I own a karaoke machine with a library of over 1,000 songs, but my family have basically banned me from singing.
- I sometimes am the only person laughing at my own jokes, I crack myself up.
- I’ve always wanted to write a book, but the idea was too overwhelming, so I didn’t write anything for about 35 years until I realized that I could just write short stories.
- I call my garage “the Girlrage”, it has a carpet, furniture, a beat box, a faux fire place, and other cool things. It is my summer hang out.
- I was once nearly arrested for carrying laundry detergent in a baggy.
- I once saved someone from drowning.
- My husband and I used to own two horses and two dogs, 24 years ago we traded them in for one son.
- I hate hot crossed buns with peel. The peel spice should be banned from the world.
- My favorite wine is Kim Crawford, Savignon Blanc. This is an important fact if you ever want to buy me a bottle of wine.
- I have a marble egg collection.
- Chocolate is THE ONLY flavor of ice cream worth eating. My mother used to by Neapolitan tri-flavored ice cream and I would eat only the chocolate.
I’m nominating some other bloggers for this most prestigious award. If any of you want to do this, go for it. If you don’t, that’s fine too.
Here are the 11 questions you could answer if you choose to proceed:
- What country do you live in?
- What countries have you visited?
- Are you related to, or have you ever met anyone famous?
- What is your pet peeve?
- Why/how did you become a blogger?
- If you had one “do over” in life, what would it be?
- What is the first concert you ever attended? What year was that?
- If you could have lunch with anyone (living or dead) who would it be?
- Red or white?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- Most embarrassing moment?
Thanks for reading, good luck and congratulations!